Top 5 Adventure Destinations in Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand is renowned as Land of Gods (Devbhumi), though at the same time, it is also famous for the adventure activities it offers. Trekking, mountaineering, rock climbing, white water river rafting, camping and many more are the fascinated adventurous sports which you can enjoy in the Himalayan hills of Uttarakhand. It is a nature paradise for travelers and offers unique beauty of this lovely earth.
Here are the top five most adventurous places in Uttarakhand, which are waiting for your steps and ready to thrill you…
1. Roopkund: Roopkund is a mysterious glacial lake, situated at an altitude of 5029 m above sea level and located amidst Trishul and Nanda Ghunti peaks. Surrounding snowy environment and a difficult trek make this place first on the list of travelers. Another most attractive thing which’ll attract you is, the mystery behind the story of the this lake. It is said that over 500 people were killed due to a hailstorm around the lake and skeletons of these people can be seen there.
2. Milam Glacier :It is one of the most visited glaciers of Uttarakhand. It is perched at an altitude range of 5,500m to 3,870m at its snout and located in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand. Trekking, sightseeing, waterfalls, forests, cliffs and panoramic views are the main attractions of the place. Munsiyariis the starting point of the Nanda Devi trek and the trip includes a visit to the Nanda Devi base camp followed up by a trip to Milam glacier.
3. Valley of Flowers : Valley of Flowers is a vast expanse of 89 sq. km area capped with thousand color flowers at an altitude of 3,600 m above sea level, will definitely enchant you. It is located in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. Trekking and camping near the Valley is most favorable experience. It is now established as a national park. More than 500 species of flowers and endangered animals like Asiatic black bear, snow leopard, brown bear and blue sheep inhabited this valley and together reform a World Heritage Site.
4. Bedni – Ali Bugyal : have you ever seen high altitude meadows…a vast span of lush greenery ? …No ?? So you should come to Bedni – Ali Bugyals, these are the two high altitude meadows. Bedni and Ali Bugyals are listed in India’s most beautiful meadows.Trekking, camping panoramic view of Nanda ghunti and Trishul peaks, chilled breezes and most attractive is green land which seems like never ending green sea. You have to trek upto 11 km from Wan (a village connected with road) to reach Bedni Bugyal. Ali Bugyal is a twin meadow of Bedni Bugyal and located at a distance of 5 km.
5. Rishikesh : If you like water sports, then Rishikesh is a perfect destination for you. Rishikesh is a spiritual city and is famous as Home of Yoga and Water Adventure paradise of Uttarakhand. It is located at a confluence of Rivers Ganga and Chandrabhaga. White water river rafting is most favorable adventure activity of the region and camping, rappelling, rock climbing, trekking are other attractions for adventure lovers.
Top 5 Adventure Destinations in Uttarakhand,